Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Triangle


Director: Christopher Smith
Run Time: 98 mins
Uk/ Australia 

Concept:

  When Jess sets sail on a yacht with a group of friends, she cannot shake the feeling that there is something wrong. Her suspicions are realized when the yacht hits a storm and the group is forced to board a passing ocean liner to get to safety, a ship Jess is convinced she's been on before. The ship appears deserted, the clock on board has stopped, but they are not alone... Someone is intent on hunting them down, one by one.

Pros:

  • Has a awesome plot, that you won't see coming ( as long as you don't read any articles about the movie)
  • Great mind bender that after the film is over, you will want to talk to someone else about the film
  • Film is fun to watch twice, because after the first time watching it, the second time the viewer can look for clues




Check Out The Trailer

 This trailer has SPOILER scenes in it
Don't watch it if you want to be surprise 





My Thoughts:

  This movie is my favorite movie beside Inception, that I have seen this year. When I first heard of the concept, I wasn't sold on this movie. The plot was too close to the plot of Ghost Ship and I hated that movie. I was expecting a boring, same old slasher film, what I received was a heart pounding action, science fiction movie that woke me up from the stupor that I was in.
   Now, this movie isn't perfect, the budget is low, so everything has a not enough money look to it. The computer graphics looks like something that came from a syfi movie. The main set piece, the ship, seems to be lacking a lot of details. But what this movie lacks in budget, it more than makes up for it, in story.
   The ending alone is reason enough to watch this film. When the ending hit me, my mouth was open in shock, amazement and horror.

2 comments:

  1. I red boxed this movie a couple months ago, It was descent, suspenseful at times. Definitely could have had a better end though, It left me expecting more. I loved the plot though definitely draws you in and kept me watching and guessing throughout the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought I was the only one who had seen this movie. I have to agree with you about the ending. I watched the film twice, and it doesn't answer a lot of questions. For example, how did she forget everything that had happen? What exactly is happening to her and why?
    But the ending isn't a total waste, there is one scene that made my jaw drop and kinda blew my mind. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete